The NFL is bringing its popular NFL on Campus program to the Maritimes for the first time ever this Fall.
NFL on Campus is designed to help Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) Football programs generate excitement for football on campus.
NFL on Campus will visit Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia beginning Wednesday October 15. The visit will culminate with an number of interactive games and contests for students and fans when the Axemen take on the Mount Allison Mounties on Saturday October 18.
During the week leading up to games, students at participating campuses have an opportunity to win prizes, play NFL Plinko, try out the latest Madden NFL game from EA Sports, and participate in programs including NFL on Campus flag football leagues, tournaments and skills competitions (Punt Pass Kick).
The NFL on Campus Game-Day experience includes a Combine zone (comparing vertical and long jump results with those of NFL stars), Quarterback challenge, Bungee Run, Tailgate Bean-Bag toss and authentic Lambeau Leap photo opportunity.
Cheer squads, student promotion teams and marching bands may also be decked out in NFL gear.
“We are very pleased to expand the program outside of Ontario and Quebec for the first time ever,” said Dan Quinn, Managing Director, NFL Canada. “NFL on Campus will offer the Mount Allison and Acadia communities a fan-friendly atmosphere that not only allows us to meet and talk with local NFL fans, but also helps raise the profile of and excitement level for football on campus.”
On Wednesday October 22 NFL on Campus will touchdown at Mount Allison University in Sackville, New Brunswick. The visit will culminate at the Saturday October 25 game between the Mounties and the St. Francis Xavier X-Men.
The visits, which this season will take place in six provinces, also include a $5,000 donation to the intercollegiate football program at each school.
“The NFL Canada experience provides the community and students a fan-friendly atmosphere that raises the level of excitement of our home football game,” said Dave Easter, Manager of Marketing & Communications, Department of Athletics, University of Guelph. “The generous support for our intramural football program during the NFL’s time on campus has been a real enhancement.”
Complete 2014 NFL on Campus Schedule:
• Week 1 (Monday September 1, 2014): Queen’s at WINDSOR
• Week 2 (Saturday September 6): Western at YORK
• Week 3 (Saturday September 13): Waterloo at LAURIER
• Week 3 (Saturday September 13): Calgary at UBC (Homecoming)
• Week 4 (Saturday September 20): Ottawa at CARLETON (Panda Bowl)
• Week 5 (Saturday September 27): Acadia at SHERBROOKE
• Week 6 (Saturday October 4): Sherbrooke at U de MONTREAL
• Week 8 (Saturday October 18): Mount Allison at ACADIA (Homecoming)
• Week 9 (Saturday October 25): St. Francis Xavier at MOUNT ALLISON
• Week 9 (Saturday October 25): Alberta at SASKATCHEWAN