From Frosh Frenzy to the Battle of Waterloo to an historic Panda Game, NFL on Campus was there.
Thousands of students in Ontario and BC have experienced NFL on Campus so far this season. Quebec and the Maritimes are next.
Designed to help Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) Football programs generate excitement for football on campus, NFL on Campus has put the spotlight on some of Canada’s greatest football traditions during the month of September.
These traditions include:
The historic Panda Game in Ottawa. The annual football game between the Carleton Ravens Ottawa Gee Gees began in 1954 and attracts more than 10,000 fans. The game’s mascot is a stuffed panda named Pedro, who is now housed at the Canadian Football Hall of Fame.
The Labour Day Classic in Windsor
Frosh Frenzy at York
Homecoming at UBC
The Battle of Waterloo at Wilfrid Laurier:
After stops in Sherbrooke and Montreal, NFL on Campus will visit Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia beginning Wednesday October 15.
The visit will culminate with an number of interactive games and contests for students and fans when the Axemen take on the Mount Allison Mounties on Saturday October 18.
During the week leading up to games, students at participating campuses have an opportunity to win prizes, play NFL Plinko, try out the latest Madden NFL game from EA Sports, and participate in programs including NFL on Campus flag football leagues, tournaments and skills competitions (Punt Pass Kick).
The NFL on Campus Game-Day experience includes a Combine zone (comparing vertical and long jump results with those of NFL stars), Quarterback challenge, Bungee Run, Tailgate Bean-Bag toss and authentic Lambeau Leap photo opportunity.
Cheer squads, student promotion teams and marching bands may also be decked out in NFL gear.
On Wednesday October 22 NFL on Campus will touchdown at Mount Allison University in Sackville, New Brunswick. The visit will culminate at the Saturday October 25 game between the Mounties and the St. Francis Xavier X-Men.
The visits, which this season will take place in six provinces, also include a $5,000 donation to the intercollegiate football program at each school.
Complete 2014 NFL on Campus Schedule:
• Week 1 (Monday September 1, 2014): Queen’s at WINDSOR
• Week 2 (Saturday September 6): Western at YORK
• Week 3 (Saturday September 13): Waterloo at LAURIER
• Week 3 (Saturday September 13): Calgary at UBC (Homecoming)
• Week 4 (Saturday September 20): Ottawa at CARLETON (Panda Bowl)
• Week 5 (Saturday September 27): Acadia at SHERBROOKE
• Week 6 (Saturday October 4): Sherbrooke at U de MONTREAL
• Week 8 (Saturday October 18): Mount Allison at ACADIA (Homecoming)
• Week 9 (Saturday October 25): St. Francis Xavier at MOUNT ALLISON
• Week 9 (Saturday October 25): Alberta at SASKATCHEWAN