A high draft pick of the Denver Broncos, Orlando Franklin learned his football fundamentals in the Ontario Varsity Football League.
Franklin agreed on a five-year free agent contract with the San Diego Chargers on MArch 10, 2015.
Position: OT – Born: Dec. 16, 1986 Kingston, Jamaica (raised Toronto, ON) – College: Miami, FLA – Height: 6’7 – Weight: 330 – Draft: 2011, 2nd round (46th overall by the Denver Broncos)
FRANKLIN AT A GLANCE:
• An offensive tackle who played 51 games (39 starts) at left guard and left tackle during his
career at the University of Miami, twice earning All-Atlantic Coast Conference recognition.
• Voted the Miami Sports Hall of Fame Unsung Hero and was a second-team All-ACC selection
following his senior season in 2010 when he led the Hurricanes with 61 pancake blocks to go
along with 16 cut blocks.
• Started all 13 games and graded out to 95 percent as a junior in 2009, highlighted by ACC
Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after his performance in the regular-season finale at
South Florida (11/28/09).
• Rated as the No. 2 offensive tackle on the Florida Times-Union Super 75 Team after allowing
zero sacks as a senior at Atlantic High School in Delray Beach, Fla.
• Grew up in Toronto, Canada and played with the Scarborough Minor Football Association (and OVFL Scarborough Thunder) before moving to Florida to receive college recruiting attention.
• Lived in Jamaica until the age of 3 before moving to Canada.
• Selected by the Broncos in the second round (46th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.