Jon Ryan, a former Regina Ram, began punting for the Seattle Seahawks in 2008.
Position: P – Born: November 26, 1981 Regina, SK – College: University of Regina (CIS) – Height: 6’0 – Weight: 217 – Draft: 2006 (signed as an undrafted free agent, Green Bay Packers)
Signed by Seattle as a free agent on September 9, 2008.
NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Originally signed by Green Bay as a free agent on February 1, 2006. Spent two years in the CFL with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers from 2004-05.
- Has recorded 388 career punts for 17,282 yards (44.5 avg.) with 112 punts inside the 20.
- In 2009, ranked 4th in the NFC (7th NFL), while setting a career high in gross average (46.2). Also set career highs in net average (38.7) and punts inside the 20 (28).
- Set a career-high with six punts inside the 20 vs. San Francisco (12/6/09) and at Chicago (10/17/10).
- Had a career-long 72-yard punt in 2007 vs. Detroit (12/30/07).
In 2003, led Canadian college punters with a 45.9-yard average. Was named first-team All-Canadian and Canada West all-star. Also played flanker for the Regina Rams and caught a 109-yard touchdown pass as a sophomore.
Played lacrosse, hockey, football, basketball and track at Sheldon-Williams High. Was a three-time all-star in lacrosse. Hosts football youth camps in hometown of Saskatchewan. Majored in psychology.