2015 NFL CANADA THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY
TIER 1 TOUCHDOWN EVENT CONTEST
1. GENERAL. The 2015 NFL CANADA THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY, TIER 1 TOUCHDOWN EVENT CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored by NFL Canada Company (the “Contest Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and will comply with the following rules (the “Official Rules”) in their entirety, which Official Rules are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest may not be used in any form of gambling.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest takes place at various Events (defined below) between September 10 and December 3, 2015 (the “Contest Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of legal drinking age in the province of the Event in which they participate, except that an entrant must be 21 years of age or older in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize (defined below). Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, Labatt Breweries of Canada, Mosaic Sales Solutions Canada Operating Co. (“Mosaic”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, any licensed manufacturer, importer, supplier, wholesaler or retailer of alcoholic beverages, and the applicable provincial liquor licensing and control boards (“Government Agencies”), as well as anyone domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Government Agencies are not connected with this Contest and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest. To be eligible for a chance to win a prize at an Event, Guests must be in attendance in person at the Event at the time the prize is drawn for (see full Event and prize draw schedule in rules 5 and 7 below).
4. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
a. How to Enter – NFL Prizes & Grand Prize. Each eligible guest (“Guest”) present at a participating NFL THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Tier 1 Touchdown Event (see full Event schedule in rule 7 below) (the “Event”) will have the opportunity to engage with the THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL application (“App”) with a Mosaic Representative via a tablet to enter for a chance to win a prize. To receive one (1) entry for a chance to win an NFL Prize (defined below) and to be entered into the draw to qualify for the Grand Prize game, create a profile for the Contest via the App on the tablet (“Guest Profile”). Each Guest may only create one (1) Guest Profile per Participating Location (as defined below). If you already created a Guest Profile at a Tier 2 Fan Engagement Event that took place at a Participating Location prior to the Event you will automatically be entered for a chance to win an NFL Prize and into the draw to qualify for the Grand Prize game, at that Participating Location. For more information about Tier 2 Fan Engagement Events visit nfl.canada.com.
b. How to Enter – NFL Hat Prizes. Once a Guest Profile has been created, the Guest can accumulate points via their Guest Profile. Points accumulated at an Event will only be added to the Guest Profile created at the Participating Location where the Event is held. Points accumulated at different Events/Participating Locations will not be combined. Once a Guest has accumulated 50 points to their Guest Profile they will be eligible for an NFL Hat Prize (defined below and subject to availability). Points can be earned in the following six (6) ways on the App:
(i) Redeem one (1) Bud Light PIN code or THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL entry code (“Code”) for 5 points. Get a Bud Light PIN code with the purchase of a Bud Light. Get a pin card with a THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL entry code from the bartender/server (limit 3 Codes per Guest).
(ii) Game prediction – Guest selects who they think will win the Event Game. Regardless of game outcome, receive 10 points. Limit one (1) game prediction per Event.
(iii) Photo capture – take your photo using the built-in tablet camera for 10 points. Limit one (1) photo per Event.
(iv) NFL trivia – Play the NFL trivia game on the App. Each correct answer earns 2 points for a max of 10 points per Event.
(v) Bud Light Living app download – Show a Mosaic Representative the Bud Light Living app on your phone or tablet and receive 5 points (can only be done once per Guest Profile).
(vi) Fan Draft – Answer a series of questions and an NFL team will be assigned to your Guest Profile. 10 points awarded for participation. Can only be done once per Guest Profile.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION.
a. NFL Prizes. There are 3 NFL Prizes available to be won at the outset of each Event. One (1) NFL Prize will be awarded at each of the first three (3) commercial breaks following first kick off of the Event Game (defined below) (each a “Draw Time”). At each Draw Time at the Participating Location where the Event is being held, one (1) name will be selected at random from all eligible Guest Profiles added to the App at that Participating Location up to the Draw Time (whether at a Tier 2 Fan Engagement Event or a Tier 1 Touchdown Event) (the “NFL Prize Draw”). Guests must be present at the Event at the time that their name is drawn in order to be eligible for an NFL Prize. If an NFL Prize Draw name is selected and the selected Guest does not present him/herself after his/her name being announced 3 times by the Mosaic Representative with valid identification for the purposes of eligibility (which determination may be made by the Mosaic Representative in their sole discretion), a different name may be selected at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Guests shall only be eligible to receive 1 NFL Prize per Event night. The odds of winning an NFL Prize depend on the number of eligible entries and the time of entry.
b. Grand Prize. There is one Grand Prize available to be won at each Event (see rule 7 below).
One (1) name will be randomly selected at each of the first eight (8) commercial breaks following first kick off of the Event Game for the Event (each a “Qualifying Draw”). Each name will be selected from all eligible Guests who are 21 years of age or older and who added Guest Profiles to the App at that Participating Location (whether at a Tier 2 Fan Engagement Event or a Tier 1 Touchdown Event) up to the time of the Qualifying Draw and who are 21 years of age or older. Guests must be present at the Event at the time that their name is drawn in order to qualify for the Grand Prize game (“Qualifying Guests”). If a name is selected and the Guest does not present themselves after their name being announced 3 times by the Mosaic Representative with valid identification for the purposes of eligibility (which determination may be made by the Mosaic Representative in their sole discretion), a different name may be selected at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
The Grand Prize game will take place at each Participating Location immediately following the end of the Event Game on the Event night. Qualifying Guests (who must still be present) will be invited on stage to stand behind one (1) of eight (8) boxes. The Qualifying Guest who was selected during the first commercial break will select his/her box first, followed by the Qualifying Guest selected during the second commercial break, and so on. All Qualifying Guests will be asked to reveal their box at the same time. Inside one (1) box will be an envelope with the word “Winner” on it. The Guest standing behind the box containing the envelope with the word “Winner” on it will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
The odds of becoming a Qualifying Guest at a Participating Location depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize entries received. The odds of a Qualifying Guest winning the Grand Prize at a Participating Location are one in eight.
c. NFL Hat Prize. For each Participating Location, the first 100 Guests to accumulate 50 points via the App over the course of the Contest Period will be eligible to win an NFL Hat Prize. The odds of winning an NFL Hat Prize depend on the number of Guests attending the Events at a Participating Location over the course of the Contest Period and how quickly a Guest accumulates points as compared to other Guests.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS.
a. NFL Prizes. The following NFL Prizes are available to be won at the outset of each Event (CAD approx. value): one (1) NFL Apparel Tee ($39.99) with a BDL NFL Scarf ($7.50); one (1) NFL Apparel Tee ($39.99) with a BDL NFL Toque ($16.00); and one (1) NFL Apparel Tee ($39.99) with a BDL NFL Wilson Football ($28.00). The Guest whose name is selected for first will have first choice of an NFL Prize, followed by the Guest whose name is selected for second, and so on. Actual prize availability may also vary based on Event location. Accordingly, the availability of any NFL Prize will vary depending on Event location and prize selection of previous winners. NFL Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners at the Event.
b. Grand Prize. The “Grand Prize” consists of one trip for two (2) to Super Bowl 50, including: return economy class airfare for winner and guest from a major Canadian international airport close to winner’s home to San Francisco, CA, USA; 3 nights standard hotel accommodation in the San Francisco Bay Area for winner and guest (double occupancy; hotel to be determined by the Contest Sponsor), airport transfers to and from hotel for winner and guest, 2 Super Bowl end zone game tickets (seat location at the discretion of Contest Sponsor); 3 breakfasts & 3 lunches & 3 dinners per person (at location determined by Contest Sponsor), game day transfers to/from stadium for winner and guest, $500CAD spending money in form of pre-paid credit card payable to winner only, 2 tickets to Bud Light Weekend events (at discretion of Contest Sponsor), pre-trip ticket wallet and agenda per person and Bud Light/ NFL commemorative gift per person. Dates of travel are February 5th – February 8th, 2016, subject to change by Contest Sponsor and must be taken at specified times or prize will be forfeited. Approximate value of each Grand Prize is $20,000CAD based on Vancouver departure. Alcohol is not part of the prize. Grand Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable in whole or part for cash. WINNER AND GUEST MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF DRAW, HAVE A VALID CANADIAN PASSPORT AND BE OTHERWISE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES. Winner and guest are responsible for all costs and expenses not listed above, including without limitation, transportation to and from their residence and the departure point, transportation in San Francisco, CA (if deviating from the groups transfers provided), airline checked luggage fees, insurance, additional food and beverage, valid travel identification (passport valid for travel to the United States is required), and all personal expenses, taxes, gratuities and fees. Contest Sponsor will inform Grand Prize winner of the steps he or she must take in order to claim the Grand Prize.
c. NFL Hat Prize. There are 100 “NFL Hat Prizes” available to be won at each Participating Location over the course of the Contest Period. Each NFL Hat Prize consists of a New Era Gold Shield collection hat or New Era Sideline collection hat (approx. value CAD$ 39.99). NFL Hat Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners at the Event.
d. Prizing – General. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for any unavailable prize or component of a prize. Contest Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of any prize or prize activity offered. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Where applicable, each winner and his/her guest must have the identical travel itinerary and the winner’s guest must be the same person for the duration of the trip. All travel arrangements will be made by the Contest Sponsor and are subject to flight and space availability and blackout dates. Once the tickets are issued, the names of the travelers cannot be changed. The winners and guests are solely responsible for obtaining any required travel documents. The right to a prize will be forfeited if, as applicable, (a) for any reason, the winner or travel companion does not have appropriate travel documentation; or (b) the winner cannot or does not wish to travel during the specified period. Upon the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, forfeited prizes may be allocated to another eligible entrant. In the event the prize (or any part of the prize), including Super Bowl 50 or any Super Bowl-related event, is postponed, cancelled or otherwise unavailable for any reason, the balance of the prize may be awarded in full satisfaction of that prize and Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for the postponed, cancelled or unavailable component. Any unused portion of the prize is forfeited and has no cash value. Contest Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of any prize or prize activity offered.
7. PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS. The Contest will take place at various Tier 1 Touchdown Events (“Events”) over the course of the Contest Period. The Event locations (“Participating Locations”), dates and Event Games are set out below (where Participating Location is identified as TBC, please visit nfl.canada.com starting 2 weeks prior to the Event date for precise location). Each Participating Location will host one (1) Event. Each Event will start 1 hour before first kick off of the Event Game and will end immediately following the end of the Grand Prize game.
CITY PARTICIPATING LOCATION TIER 1 TOUCHDOWN EVENT / EVENT GAME
Toronto The Ballroom September 10 / PIT VS. NE
Edmonton Knoxville’s Tavern October 8 / IND VS. HOU
Vancouver Mahony & Sons – Stamps Landing October 22 / SEA VS. SE
Waterloo Duke of Wellington November 5 / CLE VS. CIN
Montreal La Stations des Sports November 12 / BUF VS. NYJ
Ottawa TBC November 19 / TEN VS. JAX
Halifax HFX Sports Bar & Grill November 26 / CHI VS. GB
Quebec City Cecile et Ramone December 3 / GB VS. DET
8. COMPLETION OF PRIZE CLAIM. Before being declared a prize winner, selected Guest must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance, must be in compliance with these Official Rules and may be required to complete, sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, a liability release releasing the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability occurring as a result of the Guest’s participation in the Contest or the prize being awarded, used or misused and, where lawful, a publicity consent (collectively, a “Declaration”) before the prize is awarded. For the Grand Prize, where applicable, travel companions (who must be 21 years of age or older) must also sign a Declaration. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate winner. Selected entrants will not be confirmed as winners unless the entrant has complied with all of the Official Rules and correctly answered a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable or any determination that any selected entrant is ineligible, may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate winner. The Contest Sponsor will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the person’s name, city of residence, biographical information, comments, photos and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising without further compensation.
9. AWARDING OF PRIZES. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify winner(s). All prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible into cash. Use of any prize, or any portion thereof, for a contest or re-sale is strictly prohibited. No substitution of prizes will be permitted, except by the Contest Sponsor who may substitute the prize or any portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The Contest Sponsor’s obligation to the winner(s) is limited to the prizes specified above.
10. RELEASE. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each Guest, entrant, and/or winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Labatt Breweries of Canada and Mosaic Sales Solutions Canada Operating Co. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies and the Government Agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize (including any travel or travel-related activity) including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty or condition.
11. ERRORS & DAMAGE. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures, unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, the receipt of entries, or the distribution of any prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. All entrants agree to release the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, and liabilities of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize (including any travel or travel-related activity). The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this contest in any way. The NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this contest or any prize awarded.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest and the Official Rules are governed by and to be construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada (except where the laws of the province or territory in which you reside require that those laws govern, in which case the laws of the province or territory in which you reside will govern).
13. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Subject in Québec to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Regie”), the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or change these Official Rules at any time, at their sole discretion without notice to participants, including should any cause beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
14. QUEBEC RESIDENTS. For residents of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. WINNER’S LIST. For the list of winners (available until April 1, 2016), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to NFL Canada, 47 Colborne St. Suite 401, Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1P8.