2015 NFL CANADA THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY
TIER 2 TORONTO FAN ENGAGEMENT EVENTS CONTEST
- GENERAL. The 2015 NFL CANADA THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY, TIER 2 TORONTO FAN ENGAGEMENT EVENTS CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored by NFL Canada Company (the “Contest Sponsor”). By entering the Contest you acknowledge that you have read, understood and will comply with the following rules (the “Official Rules”) in their entirety, which Official Rules are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest may not be used in any form of gambling.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest takes place at various Events (defined below) between September 10 and October 8, 2015 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 19 years of age or older except that entrants must be 21 years of age or older in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize (defined below). Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, Labatt Breweries of Canada, Mosaic Sales Solutions Canada Operating Co. (“Mosaic”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, any licensed manufacturer, importer, supplier, wholesaler or retailer of alcoholic beverages, and the applicable provincial liquor licensing and control boards (“Government Agencies“), as well as anyone domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Government Agencies are not connected with this Contest and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest. To be eligible for a chance to win a prize at an Event, Guests must be in attendance in person at the Event at the time the prize is drawn for (see full Event and prize draw schedule in rules 5 and 7 below).
- HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- How to Enter – NFL Prizes. Each eligible guest (“Guest”) present at a participating NFL THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Tier 2 Fan Engagement Event (see full Event schedule in rule 7 below) (the “Event”) will have the opportunity to engage with the THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL application (“App”) with a Mosaic Representative via a tablet to enter for a chance to win a prize. To receive one (1) entry for a chance to win an NFL Prize (defined below), create a profile for the Contest via the App on the tablet (“Guest Profile”). Each Guest may only create one (1) Guest Profile. If you already created a Guest Profile at the Toronto Participating Location at the Tier 1 Event held on September 10, 2015 you will automatically be entered for a chance to win an NFL Prize.
- How to Enter – Grand Prize. Guests that are 21 years of age or older can accumulate points via their Guest Profile. For every 50 points that a Guest accumulates at the Participating Location over the Contest Period they will receive one (1) entry for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Points can be earned in the following six (6) ways on the App:
(i) Redeem one (1) Bud Light PIN code or THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL entry code (“Code”) for 5 points. Get a Bud Light PIN code with the purchase of a Bud Light. Get a pin card with a THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL entry code from the bartender/server (limit 3 Codes per Guest).
(ii) Game prediction – Guests select who they think will win the Event Game. If prediction is correct, earn 1 point. Limit one (1) game prediction per Event.
(iii) Photo capture – take your photo using the built-in tablet camera for 2 points. Limit one (1) photo per Event.
(iv) NFL trivia – Play the NFL trivia game on the App. Each correct answer receives 1 point. Each Guest may earn a maximum of 5 points per Event.
(v) Bud Light Living app download – Show a Mosaic Representative the Bud Light Living app on your phone or tablet to receive 5 points (can only be done once per Guest Profile).
(vi) Fan Draft – Answer a series of questions and an NFL team will be assigned to your Guest Profile. 5 points awarded per Guest Profile. Can only be done once per Guest Profile.
- WINNER DETERMINATION.
- NFL Prizes. There are 7 NFL Prizes available to be won at the outset of each Event. One (1) NFL Prize will be awarded at each of the first seven (7) commercial breaks following first kick off of the Event Game (defined below) (each a “Draw Time”). At each Draw Time, one (1) name will be selected at random from all eligible Guest Profiles added to the App at the Participating Location between the start of the First Event and the Draw Time, and the name will be announced by the Mosaic Representatives (the “NFL Prize Draw”). Guests must be present at the Event at the time that their name is drawn in order to be eligible for an NFL Prize. If an NFL Prize Draw name is selected and the selected Guest does not present him/herself after his/her name being announced 3 times by the Mosaic Representative with valid identification for the purposes of eligibility (which determination may be made by the Mosaic Representative in their sole discretion), a different name may be selected at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Guests shall only be eligible to receive 1 NFL Prize per Event night. The odds of winning an NFL Prize depend on the number of entries and the time of entry.
- Grand Prize. There is one Grand Prize available to be won at the Final Event on October 8th, 2015.
Eligible Guests who accumulated sufficient points over the Contest Period to earn entries for a chance to win the Grand Prize and who are 21 years of age or older (the “Grand Prize Pool”) are eligible to enter the draw for a chance to qualify for the Grand Prize game. One (1) name will be selected from the Grand Prize Pool at each of the first eight (8) commercial breaks following first kick off of the Event Game (defined below). Guests must be present at the Final Event at the time that their name is drawn in order to qualify for the Grand Prize game (“Qualifying Guests”). If a name is selected and the Guest does not present themselves after their name being announced 3 times by the Mosaic Representative with valid identification for the purposes of eligibility (which determination may be made by the Mosaic Representative in their sole discretion), a different name may be selected at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
The Grand Prize game will take place immediately following the end of the Event Game on the Final Event night. Qualifying Guests (who must be present) will be invited on stage to stand behind one (1) of eight (8) boxes. The Qualifying Guest who was selected during the first commercial break will be invited to select his/her box first, followed by the Qualifying Guest who was selected during the second commercial break, and so on. All Qualifying Guests will be asked to reveal their box at the same time. Inside one (1) box will be an envelope with the word “Winner” on it. The Guest standing behind the box containing the envelope with the word “Winner” on it will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
The odds of becoming a Qualifying Guest depend on the number of Grand Prize entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of a Qualifying Guest winning the Grand Prize are one in eight.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS.
- NFL Prizes. The following NFL Prizes are available to be won at the outset of each Event (CAD approx. value): one (1) NFL Shop Gift card ($50); one (1) NFL Shop Gift card ($75); one (1) NFL Shop Gift card ($100); one (1) NFL Shop Gift card ($150); one (1) BDL NFL Scarf ($7.50); one (1) BDL NFL Toque ($16.00); and one (1) BDL NFL Wilson Football ($28.00). The Guest whose name is selected for first will have first choice of an NFL Prize, followed by the Guest whose name is selected for second, and so on. Actual prize availability may also vary. Accordingly, the availability of any NFL Prize will vary depending on the Event and the prize selection of previous winners.
- Grand Prize. There is one (1) “Grand Prize” consisting of two (2) tickets to a regular season NFL 2015/2016 game. Alcohol is not part of the prize. Approximate value of the Grand Prize is $400.00CAD. Winner and guest are responsible for all costs and expenses not listed above, including without limitation, transportation to and from the game, and all personal expenses, taxes, gratuities and fees.
- Prizing – General. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for any unavailable prize or component of a prize. Contest Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of any prize or prize activity offered. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Upon the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, forfeited prizes may be allocated to another eligible entrant. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for the prize in the event the regular season NFL 2015/2016 game, is postponed, cancelled or otherwise unavailable for any reason. Any unused portion of the prize is forfeited and has no cash value. Contest Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of any prize or prize activity offered.
- PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS. The Contest will take place at the Tier 2 Fan Engagement Events set out in the chart below (“Events”) over the course of the Contest Period. The Events will be held at The Ballroom, 145 John St, Toronto, ON, M5V 2E4 (the “Participating Location”). Each Event will start 1 hour before first kick off of the Event Game (see chart below) and will end at the end of the Event Game, except that the Final Event will end at the conclusion of the Grand Prize game.
|FIRST EVENT / EVENT GAME||SECOND EVENT / EVENT GAME||THIRD EVENT / EVENT GAME||FINAL EVENT / EVENT GAME|
DEN VS. KC
|September 24, 2015
WASH VS. NYG
|October 1, 2015
BAL VS. PIT
|October 8, 2015
IND VS. HOU
- COMPLETION OF PRIZE CLAIM. Before being declared a prize winner, selected Guests must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance, must be in compliance with these Official Rules, and may be required to complete, sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, a liability release releasing the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability occurring as a result of Guest’s participation in the Contest or the prize being awarded and used or misused and, where lawful, a publicity consent (collectively, a “Declaration”). For the Grand Prize, winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and must also sign a Declaration. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate winner. Selected entrants will not be confirmed as winners unless the entrant has complied with all of the Official Rules and correctly answered a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable or any determination that any selected entrant is ineligible, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. The Contest Sponsor will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the person’s name, city of residence, biographical information, comments, photos and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising without further compensation. NFL Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners at the Event. Contest Sponsor will inform Grand Prize winner of the steps he or she must take in order to claim the Grand Prize.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify winner(s). All prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible into cash. Use of any prize, or any portion thereof, for a contest or re-sale is strictly prohibited. No substitution of prizes will be permitted, except by the Contest Sponsor who may substitute the prize or any portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The Contest Sponsor’s obligation to the winner(s) is limited to the prizes specified above.
- RELEASE. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each Guest, entrant, and/or winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Labatt Breweries of Canada and Mosaic Sales Solutions Canada Operating Co. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies, and the Government Agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever and to waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty or condition.
- ERRORS & DAMAGE. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures, unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, the receipt of entries, or the distribution of any prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. All entrants agree to release the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, and liabilities of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this contest in any way. The NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this contest or any prize awarded.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Contest and the Official Rules are governed by and to be construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or change these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion without notice to participants, including should any cause beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.